Monday, June 14, 2010

Luscious Lemon Chicken



When Jackie raved about how her family loved the delicious chicken dish she made from her new Asian cookbook, I was more than interested. You see, the dish was Lemon Chicken, something I used to make long, long ago for my college sweetheart--a dish that he would absolutely swoon over. I made for him time and time again during visits to his off-campus apartment. Just the mention of this dish brought back memories of a time of my life that I hadn’t thought about in quite a while. It took just one taste of Jackie’s delicious lemon chicken to bring me back to the unfettered innocence of my early adulthood and spark my need to make it again. But would my family – husband and kids – be as impressed with this dish as my first love? I had to find out.

So, during our next playgroup, Jackie and I decided to make lemon chicken together. As we stirred and thickened the flavorful sauce, one tangy taste conjured up sweet memories. Before long, my inquisitive four-year old (who had followed his nose to the kitchen) was staring up at me, wide-eyed, begging for a taste. As he licked his plate clean, I realized I had wooed another gentleman in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment